It’s officially summer time! We have a few summer fun suggestions for the whole family, including your furry friends.
- Have a pool & bubble party. A couple of kiddie pools, some dog friendly bubble solution to use in a bubble machine and sprinklers is all you need for a fun day with your family and pets. This is a win on a very hot summer day.
- Go on a hike. Indiana has some great trails that are pet friendly. Here is a link to Indiana pet friendly hiking trails.
- Go for a morning or evening walk. An early morning or evening walk during the summer months, is healthy for you and your pets and it’s not as hot!
- Have a pet friendly ice cream social. Make dog friendly frozen treats for your pets. Yes, doggy ice cream is a thing!
- Anyone for some selfies? Have a fun pet(s) and family photo session. How about a red, white and blue themed photo session. Flags, sun glasses, bandannas are all great props for you and your furry friends. Learn how two make fun photo props and tie dye t-shirts for the whole family below.
- Have a tie dye party and make doggy t-shirts, and bandannas.
- Have an outdoor movie night along with treats for everyone! Anyone up for Secret Life of Pets? Dog friendly movie treats.
- Make an outdoor obstacle course for your dog(s) and kids!
- Make a puppy playhouse out of card board. This is a fun activity for your kids on a rainy day. Though your kids might want to play in it also!
- Drum roll……. Nothing beats a good game of catch, whether it’s with a Frisbee, tennis ball, or squeaky toy.
Have a cat? We have fun suggestions for you as well.
- Take a cat nap. Cat’s love to sleep and cuddle, join your cat and take an afternoon siesta.
- Make a fun cat toy out of items found around the house. Here are a few ideas. https://www.care.com/c/diy-cat-toys/
- Now that you have made the cat toy, play with your kitty.
- Take a selfie with your cat and post on social media.
- Take you cat for a walk, there are several unique ways to do this: cat strollers, and clear cat backpacks, or you can use a kitty leash. Warning! Cats are not the best leash users and it may seem that they are taking you for a walk.
- Buy a laser pointer and watch your cat try to catch it! The best entertainment for both humans and cats.
- Make cat treats! https://www.thecookierookie.com/3-ingredient-salmon-cat-treats/
- Create a cat food puzzle: http://foodpuzzlesforcats.com/homemade-puzzles.
- Do a lot of online shopping? Save the box and give it to your cat. Cat’s love boxes and will enjoy it! https://www.whycatwhy.com/cat-cardboard-box-diy-projects/
- Bubbles! Blow bubbles and watch your cat pop them. This can be a very amusing activity for the entire family!
Most of all enjoy your pets and have FUN! Happy Summer:)