Goal – Each year the IVMA identifies candidates who are interested in serving as President-elect of the IVMA.
Responsibilities: The President-Elect will perform such duties as stated in this Position Description, or as requested, including but not limited to:
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors & of Board of Governors.
- Take over the duties of the office of President in the event such officer is incapable of performing his/her duties or if there is a vacancy in the office.
- Preside at the annual meeting in the absence of, or at the request, of the President.
- Maintain a general knowledge and understanding of the IVMA’s mission, current strategic plan, programs and services.
- Assist with setting the strategic goals and vision for the association.
- Ask for progress reports and generally holding accountable task forces, volunteers, and staff for projects and assignments conveyed to them.
- Request additional information or clarification during board meetings or from staff whenever necessary to make informed decisions.
- Discuss emerging issues and trends with the profession and IVMA, exploring ways the IVMA might better serve the membership and public.
- Study resolutions, amendments, or other matters duly referred to the Board by the IVMA membership.
- Assist in the cultivation and recruitment of IVMA volunteers and leaders.
IVMA Leaders – All officers shall be members in good standing of the IVMA and the make-up of IVMA officers will attempt to represent diverse representation and thought. IVMA officers must act in the best interest of IVMA in executing their duties, keeping in mind the needs of IVMA members.
Location: IVMA Offices; 125 West Market Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Nomination Form – Click here to access the nomination form. The nomination form is due by August 1st.
Must be submitted by August 1st.