What animals do they work with?
- Depending on the day, you could work with almost any kind of animal!
- With other jobs in this field, you may not have to work with animals at all
Where do they work?
- Some jobs require you to travel and be onsite at a variety of locations
- State and federal government agencies
- Office or laboratory setting
What do they do?
- Supervise inspection of animals being transported into or around the country
- Test animals for presence of disease
- Prevent the spread of foreign and transmissible disease
- Investigate and manage potential disease outbreaks
- Enforce state and federal laws regarding animal health
- Participate in research efforts to ensure safety of food, medications, and vaccines