The Power of Ten Leadership (POTL) Program is an IVMA initiative designed to cultivate leadership capacity in recent graduates and provide learning experiences that will enrich the individual and benefit the individual’s practice, community, and profession.
How it works ~
The Power of Ten Leadership Program will provide ten recent graduates (graduated from a college of veterinary medicine with a DVM degree in the years 2011-2017) with seven leadership development sessions over a eight-month period. IVMA will provide topic experts and meeting expenses at no charge for participants to attend sessions that not only convey the key learning points about leadership, but also deepen the understanding of class members on a number of related topics.
Sessions will include seven face-to-face sessions in Indianapolis.
Key Benefits ~
Through the Power of Ten, participants will:
- Develop fundamental understanding of leadership skills, personal branding, and emotional intelligence
- Deepen comprehension of communication styles and skills
- Gain the competency to utilize these skills within ones’ life, practice, and community
- Experience a supportive environment that fosters meaningful interpersonal relationships and collaborative, lifelong interactions
- August 30, 2017 – Welcome to IVMA and Insights Personality Training – Elanco Headquarters, Greenfield, IN
- September 27, 2017 – “Radical Candor” and Conflict Resolution – Peace Learning Center, 6040 Delong Road, Indianapolis, Sponsored in part by Bank of America
- October 18, 2017 – Veterinary Well-Being Bootcamp and Mindfulness/Stress Reduction- Dr. Elizabeth Strand and Dr. Lindsey Hedges – Peace Learning Center, 6040 Delong Road, Indianapolis, Sponsored in part by Bank of America
- November 15, 2017- Communication Strategies and Branding -Dr. Michelle Harcha – IVMA offices, downtown Indianapolis
- December 6, 2017 – Learning About AVMA with Dr. Jim Weisman and Economics of Veterinary Medicine – Mr. Terry O’Neil, CPA – IVMA offices, downtown Indianapolis
- January 4-7, 2018 – AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference, Chicago, IL
- February 8, 2018 – Constructive Feedback/Employee Reviews, Personal Goal-Setting and Emotional Intelligence – IVMA offices, downtown Indianapolis, sponsored by Patterson Veterinary
How do you sign up?
Fill out the Power of 10 application form online and wait to hear from the selection committee. It is a tremendous opportunity. Don’t miss out! The deadline to apply is July 15, 2017.