What animals do they work with?
- Some veterinarians in academia work with small animals, large animals, or both depending on their field of interest – this can also include exotic animals too
- Other veterinarians in this area work primarily in the classroom educating the next generation of veterinarians
Where do they work?
- Veterinary college or university
- May travel to other universities
What do they do?
- Teach courses designed to educate and train veterinary students
- Develop and update the veterinary curriculum to fit future needs
- Advise and mentor veterinary students
- Design and conduct research projects that expand our knowledge of animal physiology, pathology, vaccinations, and much more
- Work in the university hospital with patients depending on their field of interest
- Lead and coordinate academic and administrative departments