14 Jun Forward Booking WORKS! Testimonial Contest – Deadline Extended
We’re excited to announce the Forward Booking WORKS! Testimonial Contest!
Why a forward booking testimonial contest you ask?
Forward booking is a ‘best practice’ for all practices because it ensures patients received the highest quality care at the right time. We are asking you and your colleagues to submit testimonials to help spread the word to the veterinary profession about the benefits of booking all patients’ next appointments before they leave the practice.
To enter the contest, we’d like you to share your experiences with forward booking in your practice, either in writing or through a short video. Judges will select multiple winners, with $12,500 in total prize money to be awarded, including $2,500 for first prize.
The deadline to enter your submission is June 30, 2017. So what are you waiting for? Enter now! See below for all the details.
How to Enter
Testimonials are being solicited from veterinary practices in the United States and Canada that are executing forward booking in their practice.
Participating members may submit their testimonials either in written form or video.
Written Testimonials. Written testimonials are limited to no more than 500 words and should be submitted via email to ForwardBookingWorks@VMAExecs.org.
Video Testimonials. Video testimonials can be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds in length. Videos should be uploaded to YouTube in either a private or public setting, and a link must be emailed to ForwardBookingWorksVideo@VMAExecs.org.
Submissions must c
ontain: name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and preferred email address.
All submissions will become the property of Veterinary Medical Association Executives (VMAE).
Prizes & Judging
- $2,500 First Prize
- $1,000 Second Prize (five awarded)
- $500 Honorable Mention (10 awarded)
Entries will be judged on content and creativity. Preference will be given to testimonials that address one or more of the following questions in order to make a statement that compels others to also adopt forward booking:
- Why were you skeptical of implementing forward booking, and what helped you overcome the perceived barriers?
- How has forward booking impacted the quality of patient care that your practice delivers?
- What would you say to encourage a veterinary practice to adopt forward booking?
Members of the VMAE Task Force on Practice Management will make the final selection of winners. The Task Force’s decisions are final. All prizes need not be awarded.
Eligibility & Rules
- You must be an association member at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
- By entering the contest, each entrant affirms that he or she has reviewed the official rules and agrees to be found by these official rules and all decisions of the judges.
- All entries must be submitted by June 30, 2017.
- Winners will be announced at the 2017 AVMA convention, or within a reasonable time thereafter. Winners do not need to be in attendance.
- Entrants are responsible for all production costs of their video.
- Entrants are responsible for the creation of testimonials that do not infringe on any copyright and do not break any local, state or federal communications laws. The association will not be held responsible for any laws broken, violations, etc.
- Any clothing worn in a submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party property, unless you have permission.
- Entrants who do not provide written documentation of all necessary rights and permissions for music, images, video clips and any and all other non-original aspects of their entry will be disqualified.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Winning entrants will be required to complete and submit a W-9 before cash prizes of $600 or more can be awarded.
- No purchase necessary.
- If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, VMAE reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest at its discretion.
Release by Entrants & Additional Terms
By submitting an entry, entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to VMAE, its affiliates, successors and assigns, all rights, ownership, title, interest and claim (including without limitation all copyrights), which it now has or may have in the future, to entries (including, without limitation, the submitted video or written testimonials), whether or not acceptable to VMAE and regardless of the form they take, or any element(s) thereof and further grants to VMAE the right to use, publish, exploit and/or modify any entry and/or video submitted in connection herewith in any manner it wishes, regardless if the media is now existing or hereafter created. VMAE reserves the right to edit and/or modify any written testimonial, video content or video titles and publish or advertise the written testimonial or video without entrant’s approval, acknowledgement or compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrant agrees to defend, release and hold harmless VMAE and its agents from and against any claims, action and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from entrant’s participatio
n herein (including in connection with the use and/or exploitation of the submitted written testimonial or video) or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. VMAE reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner.
VMAE has the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of your entry however it sees fit without approval of Entrant or any third party. Entrants grant VMAE the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, written testimonials and video submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the videos or screen names online for any purpose or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing the written testimonial and videos with the media for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither entrants nor winner shall receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules. Entrants agree that if selected as a winner, they grant VMAE and its designees the right to film and later publish footage of the winner.